Karibu Kenya

One canceled flight, teaching a young Tanzanian boy to swim, and 48 hours later I was in Kenya!!  And what a welcome (karibu) I had!  Friends met me at the airport a day later than expected and having waited for me for three hours.  God has so many ways of telling me He loves me and my Kenyan brothers and sisters are one way He does this.
After leaving Ohio, I got to Detroit only to find our flight was delayed.  As we were waiting hour by hour I got to know a young boy named Grant and his mother Reynalda from Tanzania.  I got to entertain Grant through the long hours of waiting & heard the dream of Reynalda to start children’s homes to educate orphans.
Finally our flight was cancelled and we spent the night in a Detroit hotel.  I got to teach Grant to swim the following morning!  We got to the airport, took a long lunch, and boarded the plane at 7pm.  Exactly 24 hours beyond our original departure time.
Two plane rides and 24 hours later, I was finally home!
Thanks to all of you for your prayers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did You Know You Are God's Gardener?

Jody Returns to Kenya!

Dancing with Granny and Chasing Bats