Good-Bye Old World...Hello New!

With only 12 days before I traverse the globe to my new home in Kenya, Africa, I find myself in the roller coaster of transition; ecstatic about the new and grieving leaving the old and familiar.  It is ironic to think that as a life-time  "Global Nomad" I would still experience the ups and downs of cross-cultural transition. But I find that no "professional" GN could ever escape the often uncomfortable phase of  "Good Bye Old World".
This past year, my sister Jody and I poured our heart and soul into developing Streams of Mercy Africa, after time spent listening to the young women who had lost everything after their husbands died of HIV/AIDS . We found that our mission together became so much a part of us that an approaching separation, though temporary, was difficult. 
(Jody will join me after 6 months.)  
And of course, saying good-bye to family & friends, mom, dad, Tim, Jeremy, Lynn and Erica.  All true friends who never let me give up the vision, even when it didn't seem like it would ever become a reality!
Although grieving is a necessary part of the process of transition, so is embracing the new world; being re-united with my Kenyan pals.
No more emails and SKYPE get-togethers, and phone cards cutting short our conversations!
"Hello face to face!"
"HELLO NEW WORLD!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did You Know You Are God's Gardener?

Jody Returns to Kenya!

Dancing with Granny and Chasing Bats