Hope in the Midst of Evil

September 21st, just three days before I was scheduled to fly back to the U.S., highly trained terrorists stormed a crowded mall in Nairobi, killing men, women, and children. 
It wasn't until I returned to the U.S. and read the news, that I learned friends of mine in Nairobi had survived a horrible ordeal.
I'm grateful to Phil Walton and his wife Katherine who helped me as I struggled to write a business plan one year. And it was Phil and Katherine who were the few brave ones willing to drive us single women home after Bible studies ended late at night. 
I was deeply moved when I saw them share their stories on Dateline the other night.  I've posted the link to the show here, and hope you are encouraged as I was. 
God reminded me that He brings hope in the midst of evil and that He hears our cries and comes to our rescue.
Thanks to Phil, Katherine, and Blaise for your courage to share your stories! I know it will take awhile to recover from all this, but God has used you to encourage the hearts of many in a time of tragedy.
(Click on the link below to watch the Walton's story.)

"Many will see what he [God] has done and be astounded. They will put their trust in the LORD." 
Psalm 40:3

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/11/22/21579423-freeze-frame-survivors-seen-in-iconic-photos-of-kenya-mall-attack-recall-ordeal?lite

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did You Know You Are God's Gardener?

Jody Returns to Kenya!

Dancing with Granny and Chasing Bats