My Guitar was on it's way....

...even before I finished asking my Heavenly Father for it.  

"Even before they call out to me, I will answer them." 
Isaiah 65:24


When I returned to the U.S. at the end of September, I experienced several weeks of illness.  As I lay in bed  one day, the Lord kept bringing to mind the need to praise Him.  Anytime I opened my Bible, the pages fell open to verses about praising God and rejoicing in suffering.

A couple of years ago, I bought a guitar in Kenya and taught myself to play.  I found such peace and joy in praising God through my guitar!  Bad days in Kenya turned to days of praise and comfort!  

As I lay in bed in the U.S., I thought how much I missed playing the guitar.  And then I wondered, why am I not asking Baba (Daddy, in Swahili) for a guitar to praise Him?  So, I did just that!

The following morning a friend of mine called and shared how family from Iowa had asked if she needed a guitar.  A distant relative had passed away and they were wondering who might be in need of one.   Because she already had one of her own, she thought she'd give it to her brother in law only to discover that he too already had one!

And that's when my friend immediately thought of me!  She knew how much I enjoyed playing and worshiping the Lord.

I told her how I had been praying for a guitar the night before.  And she said,

"Christy, God was already answering the request before you finished praying!"

The guitar had been traveling with a relative to Ohio and  had arrived hours before I had even prayed for it!

God is a good God.  He loves to give good gifts to His children.  He knew that in the midst of pain and suffering, one of His children needed to praise Him.  

Pain and suffering is a a part of life and I think in many ways, more so for the believer.  In the midst of it, we are told repeatedly to praise God and to rejoice in Christ!  I pray you too will praise Him in the middle of your trials!

"Always be full of joy in the Lord.  I say it again---rejoice!" Philippians 4:4

"Dear brothers and sisters, whenever trouble comes your way, let it be an opportunity for joy." James 1:2


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did You Know You Are God's Gardener?

Jody Returns to Kenya!

Dancing with Granny and Chasing Bats