"The mountains and the hills will burst into song" Isaiah 55:12



  http://kenyabirdwatchersparadise.blogspot.com

I love an early Kenyan morning.  It seems to me that no matter which part of the country I happen to be in mountains, hills, and trees truly burst forth with the songs of birds.  And what an extraordinary chorus!  It is unlike any orchestra or symphony I have ever heard. For those of us living here, you know exactly what I mean.  There are just so many species of birds!

Awakening to this joyous sound this morning reminded me of God's promise in Matthew 6 to not worry about anything since God takes care of the little birds that most people don't even give a thought to.

"Look at the birds. They don't plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them.  And aren't you far more valuable to Him than they are?" v 26

When I got out of bed today, there were many circumstances in my life for which I could have become worried about.  I was tempted for a moment to turn to anxiety rather than to praise.

But the moment I heard the cheerful sound of the birds, I immediately realized that if the mountains and hills around me can burst into song which praises their Creator, then I too can turn worries into praises.

So, I put all the cares of this world at the foot of the cross and left them in the hands of my loving Heavenly Father and rested in this promise,

"...your Heavenly Father already knows all your needs.  Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and He will give you everything you need." vv 32b-33








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did You Know You Are God's Gardener?

Jody Returns to Kenya!

Dancing with Granny and Chasing Bats