Never, Never, Never Give UP!

I had no fear when I first attempted to climb this difficult precipice.  I had sheer, crazy determination and a refusal to give up.  Although my mind had already reached the summit, my body was unable to go any further having reached a full state of fatigue and muscle spasms.
Today, back to work, after a week end of play, I failed miserably at my first attempt to give a company demonstration to a virtual team.  I gave the wrong answers to the groups’ questions, was disconnected twice after both phone cards ran out of credit, and then SKYPE couldn’t recognize the conference code.  I was never able to finish the training with the group and ended up feeling like an idiot and a complete failure.
Later tonight, I found myself studying my technique in this picture.  It wasn’t until I stepped back and saw myself objectively from outside the photo that I realized my technique was off.
The position I was in wasn’t utilizing my strongest area, the legs, but overtaxing my weakest area, my arms.  After looking at it for some time, I figured out how to climb it in a way which utilizes my strengths!
And then I remembered my meeting that didn’t go so well!  I was operating from my weakness, which was a lack of knowledge and understanding of how the demos were to be given.
Just because you blow it the first time from lack of knowledge, or because you were unprepared, take a step back access what went wrong and see how you can do better the next time! Don’t just give up thinking you are too dumb or too weak! 
Consider the resources you have at your disposal and learn to work well with what you have been given!
But whatever you do, don’t quit!  “If at first you don’t succeed, try and try again!”
I’m looking forward to my next climb as well as my next company demo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did You Know You Are God's Gardener?

Jody Returns to Kenya!

Dancing with Granny and Chasing Bats