Jody Returns to Kenya!


Hello Friends!  Jody is returning to Kenya in November and Christy will be continuing the ministry in Ohio.  Here are Jody's thoughts....

Dear friends,
On November 13th I will be journeying back to Kenya, Africa.
You may be asking, “Why now?” or “Aren’t you afraid?” I’ve received hundreds of these questions over the last two weeks.

“Why now?” 

It is time to continue the work. I talked to one of our precious African daughters last month.  She told me what she was learning in school and how she was growing in her faith. I have watched her and our other girls grow from struggling orphans to beautiful butterflies ready to spread their wings. My goal is to train them up in such a way that they will have confidence to teach and mentor others. They will become the women of Kenya and future leaders of the ministry. They will teach other women how to live in the joy and freedom of Christ.

This trip, it will be summertime in Kenya. I will have more time to spend with the kids. We have an apartment in Nairobi where they will be staying and from which we can do more outreaches in the local community.   This includes bible trainings and mentoring time with some of the rescued street children. In December, I’ll be traveling with our local partner Eva and the girls into their hometown villages on the Ugandan border. They will be sharing their stories of freedom with family and friends as well as the outlying villages.
            “Am I afraid?” Of course! I am always afraid in returning to the third world. Terrorists, thieves, and typhoid. It can be a lawless place at times. However, I know as it says in Psalm 27, “The Lord is the stronghold of my life-of whom shall I be afraid?” Likewise, as we’ve been learning in our trainings “where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.”(2 Corinthians 3:17) This includes freedom from fear. 

           
   Friend, will you join us and our girls on our journey of faith?  
Peace & Joy,









There are ways you can be a part of this journey.
1. Join our 24 hr. prayer chain(vital to our success) (Email Christy, who will be organizing the prayer chain: culturalchristy@yahoo.com)

2. Donate meds & other needed items (need by November 9th) Click here: http://sisters-christy.blogspot.com/p/journey-to-kenya.html

3. Give online, still in need of a $1,500
Go to our website: http://streamsofmercyafrica.org/

4. Give by check: Streams of Mercy Africa P.O. Box 133 Sidney, OH 45365

Thanks so much! I look forward to the time soon when I’ll be sharing with you all the wonderful things God did on this journey to Kenya.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did You Know You Are God's Gardener?

Dancing with Granny and Chasing Bats